Visitors exempted from visa

Some people coming from some specific countries will not a VISA to visit Canada. They will, however, need an Electronic Travel Authorisation (eTA) which costs only CAD 7 and it is valid for 5 years.

  • Andorra
  • Arab Emirates
  • Australia
  • Austria
  • Bahamas
  • Barbados
  • Belgium
  • Brunei Darussalam
  • Bulgaria
  • Chile
  • Croatia
  • Cyprus
  • Czech Republic
  • Denmark
  • Estonia
  • Finland
  • France
  • Germany, Federal Republic
  • Greece
  • Hungary
  • Iceland
  • Ireland
  • Italy
  • Japan
  • Korea, Republic of
  • Latvia
  • Liechtenstein
  • Lithuania
  • Luxemburg
  • Malta
  • Mexico
  • Monaco
  • Netherland
  • New-Zealand
  • Norway
  • Papua New Guinea
  • Poland
  • Portugal
  • Romania (only electronic passport holders)
  • Samoa
  • San Marino, Republic of
  • Singapore
  • Slovakia
  • Slovenia
  • Solomon Islands
  • Spain
  • Sweden
  • Switzerland
  • Taiwan
  • United Kingdom (includes re-admissible British citizens overseas)
  • Vatican city
  • British Overseas Territories whose citizenship is derived from birth, descent, registration or naturalization of citizens in that Territory:
    • Anguilla
    • Bermuda
    • The British Virgin Islands
    • Cayman Islands
    • Falkland Islands
    • Gibraltar
    • Montserrat
    • Pitcairn island
    • Saint Helena
    • Turks and Caicos Islands

If your country is not on the list of countries eligible for an eTA, you will need a visitor’s visa to visit Canada. In this case, you have two options: the visitor visa (valid for 6 months with multiple entries and renewable locally) or the super visa visitor’s visa (may be valid for up to 10 years with multiple entries to Canada for up to 2 years each). Here are more details on each of the visas below:

Un homme consute son cellulaire en travaillant à son bureau

Tourist Visa

Do you have family in Canada or would you like to discover beautiful Canadian landscapes? A visitor’s visa would be a good option for you! This is what you will need to make this project come to life:

  • A valid travel document (passport)
  • Be in good health
  • Proof of links with your country of origin
  • Not have been convicted of criminal or immigration offences
  • Convince an immigration officer that you will return to your country of residence because of ties you have there, such as employment, property, financial assets or family ties
  • Convince an immigration officer that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay
  • Having enough money for your stay
    • The amount needed will depend on the length of your stay and will vary depending on whether you are staying in a hotel or with friends or relatives.
    • Medical examination and a letter of invitation from a person living in Canada (may be required)
  • Visitors cannot work and cannot study for more than 6 months during their stay in Canada
  • The visitor’s visa cannot exceed the expiration date of the passport

Step 1 – Submit your application

Step 2 – Make your biometric data

Step 3 – Pass medical examination (if necessary)

Step 4 – Send the travel document

Step 5 – Obtaining a visitor visa

  • Government fee of CAD 100/person or CAD 500/family (5 people and more)
  • 85 CAD per person for the biometric fee (fingerprints and photograph valid for 10 years) or CAD 170 for families of two or more persons.
  • Medical visit fees (vary by country)
  • Miscellaneous costs (translation if applicable, postage, additional documents to be provided, etc.)
  • Our service fees
  • Delays vary according to the country of origin of the applicant
  • Possibility to study in certain fields of study for a period of less than 6 months

Super Visa

The Super Visa is a specific type of visa for parents and grandparents of Canadian citizens and permanent residents. It allows them to come to Canada as visitors but, more importantly, to stay longer in the country. So if you want to stay with your children or grandchildren for a longer period of time, apply for a Super Visa!

  • You must be the parent or grandparent of a Canadian citizen or permanent resident of Canada;
  • You should have a letter signed by your child or grandchild inviting you to Canada which contains the following information:
    • A pledge of financial support for the duration of your stay
    • A list and number of people living with your child or grandchild
    • A copy of your child’s or grandchild’s Canadian citizenship or permanent residence document
  • Have medical insurance from a Canadian insurance company that:
    • valid for at least one year from the date you entered Canada
    • provides coverage of at least $100,000
    • has been paid, with proof of payment (bids are not accepted)
  • Have a valid travel document (passport)
  • Proof of links with your country of origin
  • Medical Examination
  • Police certificate or clearance (may be required)
  • The holder of a Super visa cannot work during his stay in Canada
  • Persons who are inadmissible on grounds of organized crime, criminal activity or human rights violations may not apply
  • The visa application may not contain any dependants
  • The validity period of the super visa will be equal to the period of validity of the passport minus one month

Step 1- Submit your application

Step 2- Make your biometric data

Step3- Pass your interview (if required)

Step 4– Medical examinations

Step 5– Send travel document

Step 6- Obtain your Super visa

  • Government fee of CAD 100 per person
  • CAD 85 per person for the biometric fee (fingerprints and valid photographs for 10 years) or CAD 170 for families of two or more persons.
  • Medical examination fees (vary by country)
  • Miscellaneous costs (translation if applicable, postage, police certificate if applicable, additional documents, etc.)
  • Our service fees
  • The super visa allows multiple entries for up to 10 years
  • Visit your family in Canada for up to two years without having to renew your status
Un homme agé embrasse sa femme